Not a full blog post today, but I just wanted to do a little roundup of my Halloween weekend! I never normally do much (except for sit and eat my weight in fun-size chocolate bars), so I thought this was worthy of a blog post.
I decided to go with Halloween Half-Face, a very popular look amongst bloggers and makeup artists this year, several variations of this was alllll over Instagram and Pinterest.
Overall, my fancy dress was a Dead Prom Queen vibe (okay okay, I just wanted to wear a crown!!) It was a very cheap outfit to do though, I just wore a dress I already had and bought a sash & crown on eBay for about £6!! BARGAIN.
Skeleton Face Paint Tips
- - Lots of tutorials involved painting the white, then painting the black bits - but I did a FULL base of white, and then painted the black on top.
- - Use a dense brush to apply the base, fingers and a sponge ends up with a slightly streaky look. A brush is much more intense.
- - It doesn't have to be perfect. Blurred grey bits on the edges and across the skin add depth and shadow to your look.
- - If you're doing a half-face, really exaggerate the 'human' side of your face and slap on the makeup - look how exaggerated my brows are, they're probably twice the length of my normal brow!
Oh - and me and Mr FV also had a go at carving pumpkins! I've never done it before - which explains why my pumpkin is missing some teeth....... Oops!
As you can see, I went for a slightly more ambitious design, and MR FV stuck with a more simple (and jolly) version!
My Pumpkin Carving tips
- - Use an ice-cream scoop to hollow out the pumpkin!
- - Use a serrated knife to cut the pumpkin.
- - Score your design onto the pumpkin first, it makes the cutting so much easier!
- - Don't be afraid to use different layers - you can see the candle through the thin layers
- - If you don't want to leave a candle unattended, put an LED light into the pumpkin instead! I bought some LED balloons from Tesco and they're STILL going!
So there we go - a quick look at my Halloween weekend!
Did you get up to anything? What's the best look you've seen this year? Would love to know if you dressed up!
And which pumpkin is best?! (this is a trick question as it is clearly mine) Got any carving tips to share?
By Zoe Dubs